Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Lovely Happy Cheery Winter Display

I've been hibernating in this 
"winter wonder-what.the.heck- land" .

As I type this....the wind is blowing and the 
snow is coming down. 
Mr. Winter doesn't want to let go.

Since I last posted, I put away all the Christmas decor. Left out the sleigh that Mike made me and added a little something to it.  

Back in early December... my  friend, Leona, read about my desire to have an old thermos and quilt / blanket to add to my winter display. ( You can read about it here: LINK )


Well.... guess what I received from  "Mrs. Leona Claus" ? An awesome vintage blanket and thermos ! (  Comes with a case too. Bonus! ) 



Oh my goodness! LOVE LOVE LOVE! and ..... oh soooo thoughtful!



I couldn't put them outside with the sled and ice skate display. Too special ... and way too fabulous for me to risk it being blown into the next county by Mr. Winter. 

I knew exactly where it would go.... yes.... you guessed it!  With the "Mike sled " 

It has made a lovely happy cheery winter display!  ( ... just like Leona. She is  cheery and happy... and .... she even likes WINTER? ! Yes. She does!!! )



Thank you again, Leona! So so so thoughtful!



Thanks for all your comments ... I always  love to hear from you! I appreciate you taking the time to hang out with me and let me know you were here. Very grateful for your friendship and the time you take to stop by. 

Talk to you soon!
Happy Treasure Hunting!

Hugs and Love,
Julie



4 comments:

Leena Milligan Lanteigne said...

Brrrrrrr! I know what you mean! We had snow all day yesterday and today it was around 30 degrees and the wind was blowing and howling - it was freezing! Where's our spring? This is unusual for us. We can get some snow and cold once in a while in March and April, but it's supposed to be the rare occurrence, not the norm!
I love your thermos/car blanket set! My parents had one just like it, with the same case. My mom would always fill the thermos with coffee for my dad before we headed out to vacation in Wyoming. I wouldn't be surprised if my dad still has the case and thermos! I have the blanket. I used to keep it in my car during winter when my kids were little. Right now, it's hanging in my cedar closet. I love the red plaid and it was so sweet of your friend to send the set to you! Looks great with "Mr Elf's" sled! Hugs, Leena xoxo

Julie Shelander said...

That is so neat that your parents had the same set! Awwwww! Love that your Dad still might have it and you have the blanket. Very sweet, Leena! Thanks for stopping by my friend! xo

The Polka Dot Closet said...

What a great gift and fun display....Oh hang on...Spring has to be coming soon!

Carol

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Hey Julie, thank you for stopping in...I hope spring is on the way Finally! happy Easter
Carol