Sunday, December 8, 2013

Welcome to my Vintage Porch - Winter Vignette


Last week I took a little time here and there to add some 
Christmas to my new surroundings here in Michigan.

I didn't think I had very much Christmas decor left as I had sold quite a lot before moving.
I was a little surprised as to how far I was able to spread it out .

I ended up with 5 vignettes with different themes ( including the porch).


The rosemary is from my summer herb garden. 
I found my enamel bucket and decided to place her in it by the front door.
I happened to have some gingham ribbon in my ribbon stash. 
Thought she needed a little 
extra something to make her stand out. 


I saved the white skates from our Christmas porch display we had in Tennessee. 
They are small and petite. 
Something a young lady would wear. 
The manly man skates were something I found this summer at a tag sale here in Michigan.
I tried to sell them in my eBay store .... 
but didn't have any bites. 
I decided I should keep them for the display. 
Next year, I'll probably add some greenery and berries to them.


The metal ice skates were something that Mom had found at a tag sale in Tennessee.
She added the greenery and the bow. 
They hung on the vintage sled on our porch display. 
Had to bring them with me too.



This is the what the display looks like as you walk up the path. 
Mom's wreath is smiling at you when you step up to the door. 

( You can read about her 
wreath here : Mom's Vintage Wreath )

The display needs a few more details like a  small bench or chair...
 ... maybe a vintage quilt and an old thermos. 

Gee...that means I'm going to have to do some treasure hunting . 
Darn it! ( * wink * )


I'm really enjoying the Christmas season this year. 
I wasn't sure I'd ever be able to enjoy this time of the year ever again. 
Last year I did everything I could to ignore it.  It was too painful. 

So grateful for so many blessings in my life.  

Hope you are enjoying your season as well.
Talk soon!

Thanks again for stopping by....always appreciated!
Hugs and Happy Treasure Hunting!
Julie xo

PS. I've had some people ask how to leave a comment if they don't have a Google account. 
At the bottom of the post where it reads "Comment As", there is an arrow on the right side of the box. Click the arrow for the drop down menu.
If you don't use any of the accounts ... you can leave a comment using "Anonymous". 
Thanks thanks!!!


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

JULIE....LOOKS BEAUTIFUL...I LIKE THE RED CHECK RIBBON.....AND OF COURSE THE SLED AND SKATES ARE PERFECT FOR ALL THE SNOW YOU GET UP THERE.....MM

lag said...

That is so YOU --- so charming and creative.

Julie Shelander said...

Thanks, Mary! xoxox

Julie Shelander said...

Thank you, lag! :)

Anonymous said...

Glad to See God Blessing you With Happiness Again and Moving your life in the right Direction.. full of Love And Hugs..For a Wonderful holiday Season..Stay warm..

Julie Shelander said...

Thank you!
xoxoxo

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Love your Christmas decor! I would love to find some ice skates...Just don't see many here in Orlando!! I did find some at an estate sale, but oh my they were so expensive!

Carol

Leena Milligan Lanteigne said...

That is so cute! I have my old sled and skates from when I was a kid that I want to put out front too. Hugs, Leena

Julie Shelander said...

Awe! How fun is that, Leena! Love it.

Julie Shelander said...

Thanks for stopping by, Carol! xoxo
Merry Christmas season to you. xoxo