Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Going Thrifting Always Makes Me Happy .... I Needed Some Happy.

I was getting a little stir crazy.

I hate to admit it. 
I haven't driven in the winter weather yet.

Oh sure. I'll drive when the roads are all clear. 
But not when there is any kind of precipitation falling. 

Saying that, 
I haven't been out much in the past couple of weeks.

The roads were dry yesterday....so I headed up to 
what has become one of my favorite thrift stores.

Going thrifting always makes me happy. I needed some happy.

I only had a short amount of time, 
as I left late in the afternoon.

However, I managed to find some fun 
things I haven't seen in a while.

I shopped and dug and treasure hunted my way through 
most of the store and hadn't found much. 

Decided I'd take a quick look at their toys. 
Much to my delight .... I found some vintage Lincoln Logs.


Then, I found a bag of vintage Tinker Toys 
with some random building blocks. 

Oh boy. What fun! 


And next to that bag, I spotted a bag filled with vintage Alphabet Wooden Blocks!

These are fun to use to spell out names and special dates. 

I love seeing them used at Christmas 
 with the words "Merry Christmas" spelled out. 

They were priced to sell. So I snatched them up.

I found some linens too.... I'll show you those soon. 


I've got the vintage toys listed in my Etsy store
Hope they find a loving home.


Stay safe, and I hope you do something fun and memorable to bring in the New Year!
I'll talk to you then.


Happy Treasure Hunting!
Love and Hugs.
Julie






7 comments:

Leena Milligan Lanteigne said...

Hi Julie! I know what you mean about going stir crazy! So glad you got out for a little thrifting . Love the old toys! We had those when I was a kid and would build all kinds of things with them. Such fun to find these things and I'm sure somebody will want to buy them. The alphabet blocks are adorable! My sister had a little wooden wagon that the bocks all fit into. It was so cute! I guess some lucky thriftier has my childhood things in their collection as they were all given away. Enjoy more outings while the weather cooperates! Hugs, Leena

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Sorry to hear your northerners have had such a horrid winter this year. Glad you got out, thrifting and crafting make me happy too. Love the wooden alphabet blocks!

Carol

The Polka Dot Closet said...

tinker toys, and wooden blocks....What great finds! Oh, can't wait to see the linen, I am a linen lover!! PS Thank you for your always kind words!!! I am pretty excited and I admit, a little nervous about starting a flea...Goodness the response today is a little overwhelming...No backing out now lol! I wish you lived here! Maybe one day the Polka Dot Flea will be big enough that people will plan their Orlando vacations around it!!!???

Carol

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Julie, thank you for your encouragement on my flea, scary, but fun and I love sharing with everyone. The blogging community has been so supportive and emailed me so much useful advice. Hope all is well with you I see you have not posted in a while...I know, sometimes life just gets in the way!

Carol

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

I know just what you mean...I went out thrifting last week after not going for 6 weeks...I was in serious withdrawal! Love your fun finds! Thanks so much for stopping by, Julie!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I see you have not posted in a while...Hope all is well! I love the vintage blocks

Carol

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Stopping in to say hi! I hope all is well and you are busy out thrifting!

Carol