Wednesday, December 11, 2013

A Box of "Vintage Christmas Love"



As mentioned in my earlier posts, I took some time to do 
a little decorating for Christmas this year.

The above photo is the entrance . 
I created a little vignette of  miniature vintage Christmas decor and ornaments. 


The "Merry Christmas" glitter sign is something 
Mom had picked up a couple of years before she passed. 
She LOVED it. 
I love it too. It reminds me of her. 



I placed a  red glass cylinder and a candle holder on top of some silver-plate bowls, which were sitting on  black wooden candle holders. 
It created some height on each end of the table.



I filled the bowls with vintage glass ornaments. 
I added a battery operated candle inside the above cylinder.


I added a battery operated tea light and some vintage tinsel inside this candle holder.
(I purchased the battery operated tea lights at 
Dollar Tree , 2 for $1. )
They look extra sparkly wrapped up in the nest of tinsel. 



In the middle of the table, I placed a vintage silver-plate tray.
It has an ornate pattern on it. 
I thought it would lend itself well to place the small ornaments on it to highlight them.

I found the table top chandelier at a tag sale this summer. 
I paid $2. for it. I was so excited!!!
It was already painted black which matched the table. 
The candle holder at the top of the chandelier had come apart from the tip of the top. 
It slid down the stem and is sitting on the top of the chandelier arms, leaving the top of the chandelier looking empty. 
I  left it as is and added the bow. 



The candle holders are being used to highlight the small glass vintage ornaments as shown in the above photo.

Below, I have taken some close up photos of the 
small unique ornaments 
and miniatures that are displayed on the tray.

Most of the ornaments were given to me 
before I left Tennessee. 
They were a gift from my friend , Carol. 
Carol , Mom and I use to do a lot of junkin' together. 

She knew how much I love vintage Christmas. 
Carol presented me with a box filled with unusual - hard to find - unique vintage Christmas ornaments and small Christmas miniatures. 
They are treasures to me!!! 
It's been fun to decorate with them.  
Thank you ( again! ) Carol! 



Love these guys! 2 Santa's on a slide, with a small miniature ornament. 
Looks like they are playing catch.




Wooden miniatures above. Look at that precious face.

3 dimensional miniature below. By Emgee. 



The spool of wired tinsel is a reproduction. 
The vintage bottle brush tree looks handsome sitting on the spool. 


Carol gave me 2 of these small tinsel feather style 
vintage trees with the itsy bitsy glass ball 
ornaments hanging from them. 

I have the trees displayed on both sides of the chandelier, 
sitting in vintage silver plate pedestal bowls. 


Was a lot of fun to pull out the box of " vintage Christmas love" that Carol gave me. 
I felt like it was Christmas morning, opening them up and enjoying each one as I pulled them out of the tissue that Carol so lovingly wrapped them in.

I'll be back in a couple of days to show you the rest of the Christmas decor. 

Hope you are having fun displaying your "Christmas love". 

As always, I appreciate you stopping by. Means so much.
Happy Treasure Hunting !
Hugs and Love, Julie

NOTE : I've had some people ask how to leave a comment if they don't have a Google account. 
At the bottom of the post where it reads "Comment As", there is an arrow on the right side of the box. Click the arrow for the drop down menu.
If you don't use any of the accounts ... you can leave a comment using "Anonymous". 
When using "Anonymous" ,  please leave your first name so I know who you are... I don't want to miss out on acknowledging you when you stop by ! 

Thanks in advance for your comments.....appreciated!


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julie the table is beautiful....Carol is a true friend ...she is such a sweetie... can't wait to see the other things you are doing...you are so gifted at decorating... I am sure we know who is loving it...home never looke dso good at christmas. mm

Julie Shelander said...

Thank you ,Momma Mary! You are such an encouragement to me. Love you!

P.j. said...

Love it--especially the tabletop chandelier used to display ornaments! Your Mama would approve! (Hugs!)

lag said...

I wanna be there...............absolutely charming and certainly does have your creative touch!

Julianne Boyle said...

Very tasefully done Julie. Not over the top and each item holds a special memory. 10/10 :)

Leena Milligan Lanteigne said...

Hi Julie! What adorable vintage decorations! I love the little Santas on the slide and the tinsel trees and of course, all the mercury glass ornaments! Your boxes of love sounds like so much fun to go through! Enjoy! Hugs, Leena

P.j. said...

Very nice! I especially love how you used the chandelier to display vintage ornaments! Your Mama would approve! :-)

Julie Shelander said...

Thanks P.j.!
I enjoyed it.
I felt like Mom was there with me.
Hugs to you, too!
Thanks for stopping by. xoxo

Julie Shelander said...

Thanks lag, I wish you were here too! xoxo

Julie Shelander said...

Thanks, Julianne! So nice to see you my friend.
Thanks for stopping by! xoxo

Julie Shelander said...

Hi Leena!
Thanks for stopping by!
I enjoyed creating the display so very much.
It was fun to open the box of love and see all the ornaments again....and then display them.
I have such awesome friends.
Thanks for stopping by, my awesome friend!
Hugs!
Julie

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Love your decorating!!! Moms glitter sign is my favorite!!

Carol