Monday, November 5, 2012

When Doors Close, a Window Opens


When  Doors Close, a Window Opens


I’m very excited to say that a window has opened for me!

It’s been a season of doors closing in the last couple of years.

I closed down my dream business of hand  painted glassware in January of 2010.

I started my new dream business, Entirely Apropos, shortly after.

I barely got my feet on the ground when in May of 2010 we experienced the 100 year  flood in the lower level of our home.

In January of 2011 my Dad was in need of additional help. He lived in another state... I was in process of trying to move him here when he unexpectedly passed in June of 2011.

In March of 2012, we lost our booths  at Harpeth Antique Mall due to the mall closing. (which means income lost )

In June of 2012, my beloved Mom unexpectedly passed.

Can I just say....this girl is READY for a window to open! 


Since Mom passed in June, new  opportunities have opened for me!

I haven’t been able to keep up with the blog or my facebook page as there has been much to do.

What have I been doing ?  I've been preparing to sell the house.



Yep, this house that holds  so many wonderful  memories, will have a new owner.
I'm trusting it will bring them wonderful memories too.

There has been much to do ... many layers of cleaning and purging involved.

I’m soooo blessed to have friends and family that have been there for me to help me through this process.
They have been there for me physically, emotionally and financially.
I don’t know how I would have made it this far without them!
Thank you again my dear friends and family!

I've given myself one month to get the house ready for sale.
( gulp! )

I’m blessed in so many ways. Not only with amazing friends and family, but also that what has been a  heart breaking season...God has granted me joy and hope in the middle of pain.

I’m very excited for the change....but wish I could take my friends with me on the journey.
They all promised me they would take some road trips to where I’m headed...I’m gonna hold them to their promise.

I will share more with you as the journey continues.

Thank you for stopping by to read my latest update......I appreciate you!
Take care.
Hugs and Love,
Julie

13 comments:

My Life Under the Bus said...

Julie this is one of my favorite sayings I turn it around a bit and say " When life closes a door - climb in a window" just to remember not to give up. My heart is with you and I think of you often! I hope this journey helps to lighten your load.

jami said...

Julie, I have so enjoyed your company here and on fb where I first found you.You have helped me more than you can know I have been at home for the last 4 years recouping from cancer and some messed up surgery's. fb became my way of feeling I was still able to connect with people while stuck inside trying to make my way back so you helped me through the long days when everyone was away at work and school living life. Last year I got really brave and took my disability check and myself and moved to Sarasota FL looking for a place that was layed back, time was slower, and the beauty of the ocean and beach that I have always wanted to live near. I am 2 miles from the beach now and it is almost always sunny. So I to am still on my journey and I wish you many happy days and new adventures on yours I am very excited to go on them with you. And I wish you much happiness along the way and maybe sometime our journeys will cross each others path. So go where your heart leads.

Unknown said...

Change is always difficult, especially if your journey is without some that you love the most. But they are always with you in spirit, and your journey is filled with so many people that love you. Life is an adventure and you never know where it's going to take you. Im sure God has big plans for you!

JLYNNJEWELS said...

There is a song originally by Jasmin Sullivan I think...but Glee did it too - although it's about broken hearts, it's a kick-butt song that kind of gets you moving that head with attitude and go BOOM - bust that window!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQoCvUmnTfo

:D - kind of reminds me of that day when we were dancing to Smooth in Alan's office so long ago now..lol...although it's been a tough road - things are smoothing out for you, soak yourself in your memories - but dang girl - bust some more windows in a good way - you're on a positive forward motion road :)
Love you <3

Scrollwork said...

Julie, I look forward to hearing what's next for you. You've been through a lot, and have stayed soft-hearted and resilient. In that alone, you are an inspiration. Stay strong, stay well, and may your house sale proceed smoothly.

Anonymous said...

Dear Julie miss you And your mother.. But know the Lord is with you on your journey.. And pray he holds you and guides you.. for happiness you deserve...Prayers for A Wonderful new Life For You.with Lots of Love

Julie Shelander - Entirely Apropos said...

Patty, I like your window and door saying...so true! :)
Appreciate the encouragement....means so much.
Thanks for thinking of me...
Hugs!
Julie

Julie Shelander - Entirely Apropos said...

Jami! Good for you my friend! Wow!!! I'm so impressed with your strength and determination to follow your heart...you are an inspiration!
Thank you for your encouragement....I am so glad we have found each other in this world of blogs and fb. I always look forward to hearing from you!
Carry on brave girl and keep me posted.
Someday I hope our paths cross...
Hugs! Julie

Julie Shelander - Entirely Apropos said...

Thank you! I am looking forward to better days ahead and seeing what God has in mind.
Appreciate your encouragement.....I will embrace the change and look forward to the future.
Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!
With gratefulness, Julie

Julie Shelander - Entirely Apropos said...

Thank you my dear friend! I like it ! I will bust that window....after I catch my breath! hahahaaa!
I always appreciate your thoughtfulness and encouragement. I am looking forward to better days ahead....can't wait to move forward and get out of this whirlwind. Love ya!!! xoxoxo

Julie Shelander - Entirely Apropos said...

Oh thank you so much for your well wishes and thoughtfulness.
I am looking forward to moving on....will miss all my dear friends so much, but will also embrace what I hope to be, better days ahead.
Thanks for your kind comment.
Hugs and Appreciation, Julie

Julie Shelander - Entirely Apropos said...

Ooooooh thank you so much. I miss her so very much...my life will never be the same without her.
I am trusting God to work out everything and move me forward.
I really appreciate your prayers and comment, means so much to me!
Hugs and Appreciation,
Julie

pink*cherub*moon said...

Julie, no matter what, you'll never be without friends. You can pick up your computer and take us all with you! Always here to listen and help and have fun with! At first I was like "oh no! Julie's going away!" but then realized that you'll, I hope at least, only be a computer sign on away! Good luck with all you're doing. Wish I was there to help! Hugs, Leena