Friday, June 1, 2012

Plan B

Today Mom and I started our new adventure at Franklin Antique Mall.
It feels so good to be moving forward.
I'm not sure how many dealers / vendors are in this mall...but it's a plethora.

With that many booths, we wanted to try to do something that would help us  stand out a bit.
Plan A didn't work out.
We went with Plan B.



I spent most of the afternoon, climbing up and down a 15 ft. ladder. 



Mom spent most of her afternoon making sure the ladder was stable and directing me. 
Thanks, Mom!


We hung twinkle lights up and down the rafters....
and then incorporated our $5 "find"  that we picked up a few weeks ago at a garage sale!


At the time we purchased this, we thought "maybe" we could use it for something down the road.
It's netting for  a canopy bed.

We tucked it away and didn't give it another thought.....


Until yesterday!
We knew we were going to hang twinkle lights in the new booth.
We wanted some gauze fabric or something light in weight to hang with the lights...something to give it a tent atmosphere.
After several hours of shopping at Hobby Lobby and Home Depot....we gave up.
I really didn't want to spend an arm and a leg on this display...so maybe twinkle lights were gonna be enough.
On the way home, Mom mentioned the canopy.


Oh my goodness! The CANOPY!
We opened it up, and checked it out more closely when we arrived home.
We both looked at each other and said
" whoohoo" this will work!

This is Plan B. 

Onward ho....we move in merchandise tomorrow.

Jody from Scraptherapy created some amazing banners that we will be selling for her.
It's gonna be fun. 

Thanks for stopping by my friends!
I appreciate you checking in and taking the time to read the latest.

Happy Treasure Hunting!
Hugs and Love,
Julie 









14 comments:

Martha at Authentica said...

Julie it looks fantastic!!! I love using twinkle lights....it makes the shopping so much for fun for the customers...and the canopy is dreamy!!! Can't wait to see all your goodies in place! Awesome!
Hugs,
Martha

Anonymous said...

Jules it looks amazing! I can't wait to see pics once it's full of your merchandise. Keep the updates coming.
Beck

Julie Shelander - Entirely Apropos said...

Awwwwww, thanks Martha! I appreciate your kudos. I'm excited.
Hugs my friend!
xoxoxox

Julie Shelander - Entirely Apropos said...

Beck, my dear friend! Thank you!

I can't wait!!! We have 3 bookshelves and a vintage door display that won't be able to be delivered until next Wednesday...so, we will work with what we have until everything is there.

I'm so ready to move forward... Thanks for your encouragement! Love ya! oxoxoxo

JLYNNJEWELS said...

Love it! Don't just love it when you remember things you forgot - ;)

Julie Shelander - Entirely Apropos said...

I sure do!!! So much fun when it all works together!
Now if I could remember where I left my cord for the camera....
Thanks, Janice! xoxoxo

curdsNway said...

I'm excited for you guys! Looking forward to seeing the finished booth!

pink*cherub*moon said...

This turned out so nicely! I love it! I guess Plan A involved tree limbs? Or is that another plan still in the works? It's so great that the two of you are starting this new chapter together and I know it will be majorly successful!!! Can't wait to see more pics! Love ya girlie! Hugs, Leena

P.j. said...

This look is totally awesome! I love it when something is JUST RIGHT for a project but wasn't even in the plans when I bought it. Serendipity--or Entirely Apropos! :-)

The Mom said...

Fabulous! Just as I knew it would be if your hand was upon it! When I can drive, you can bet that I am going to make a beeline out to see your goodies. I was a shopper with you long before I knew you. Hope all goes well and that this will be the right fit for you and your Momma. I am thinking that it will be. Blessings!

Julie Shelander - Entirely Apropos said...

Thanks Peg! I'm excited to get er done! We had a bit of a delay, but back up and running with it! Can't wait to post more pics soon! xoxox

Julie Shelander - Entirely Apropos said...

Thanks Leena !
Plan A involved another idea for something to hang above...I'm still considering it for the next / last booth we move into , in a couple of weeks! The twigs got pitched too, they didn't work for the display either! LOL
Thanks for your encouragement and always being here! You are appreciated my friend! Love ya!

Julie Shelander - Entirely Apropos said...

P.J.,Thanks dear friend! We were happy with it too!
I love it when something JUST RIGHT for a project happens to be available ! and yes, hahahaha....it's Entirely Apropos! LOL Good one Pam!

Julie Shelander - Entirely Apropos said...

Awwwwww, thanks Kathy! I sure do miss you!
Thanks for your encouragement, as always! ...and thanks for being such a loyal friend and customer!
Hope you are up and about soon!
Hugs and Love, Julie