Thursday, May 24, 2012

New Opportunities, New Beginnings


New opportunities , new beginnings.

As you may or may not know, we had 3 booths at our local antique mall, here in Franklin Tn.
Long story short, the store lost it’s lease .It was surprising news and difficult to accept. We had been building our clientele for the last couple of years... and things were going good .....really good.  ( read more about the closing here : Saying Goodbye to our Honey Hole.)    

When the news was announced , we had about a month to find a new location.
With 140 other dealers scrambling to find a new home , we weren’t able to find one  in time.
The week the news was announced, I happened to be preparing for my Mom’s 75th Birthday party which was to take place at the end of the week.  ( you can view  the Birthday Party post here: Celebrating 75 years...A Birthday Party for a Special Mom! ( Part 1 )   )

A week later, we were looking for a new honey hole....however....everything in Franklin and the surrounding area  was already filled by our fellow dealers.
We ventured towards Nolensville Tn.
We were able to acquire a booth at “ The Barn” , which is next to the The Amish Feedmill. ( awesome place to eat ! ) Click here to read more about  the Feedmill.

We were thrilled to find a location...and with that excitement, we took a large space at the front of the barn.
Here is a photo of that location:


Within a month, we realized that we may have overshot the runway...LOL ( anyone else ever do that? hahahahaa)
We have since relocated into a smaller space at The Barn  ( 8 x 10)  and will “now”  baby step our way to finding our niche, ... and building a clientele in that area . LOL.

I am happy to report that in early May, we were able to acquire a 10 x 12 booth at The Franklin Antique Mall!
It’s a charming location, in downtown Franklin . We start moving in June 1. Very excited and have lots of ideas for a display that I hope will work. Either way, we are so grateful for the opportunity!

Please click on this LINK for more information regarding Franklin Antique Mall.
Photo courtesy of the Franklin Antique Mall.  

The other location that I have been toying with in my mind is located in Spring Hill...which is south of Franklin.
I had contacted them by phone and then bugged them by email and then visited them last week and chatted about them on my facebook page! Hahahahaha! ( enthusiastic? ummmmmm, just a little! LOL )
It’s a charming mall.

Anyway, they called me with an unexpected opening that came forth. We have signed the lease and as of today, we move in on June 15th.


For more information about The Spring Hill Antique Mall click HERE




Yes. My head is spinning.
 I'm blessed, and stretched.  LOL

"Action and reaction, ebb and flow, trial and error, change - this is the rhythm of living. Out of our over-confidence, fear; out of our fear, clearer vision, fresh hope. And out of hope, progress." - Bruce Barton

As always, thanks for hanging out with me...checking in and taking the time to read the latest post.
Means so much!

Happy Treasure Hunting!

Hugs !
Julie


15 comments:

martha said...

i will come see the Franklin antique mall booth -soon!Good luck with moving and settling....may great things abound, and DO enjoy celebrating with your mom!

Pam said...

That's all wonderful news! And yes, you will be very busy. I am very happy for you!
Good luck in your new ventures!
xoxo

Martha at Authentica said...

Wow Julie - having three booths means your inventory is in the store! And not in your garage like my house! LOL! Congratulations sweet friend, I hope you and your mom will love all three!!!
Hugs, (another) Martha

tugsmomma said...

God always has a perfect plan...and only wants for us to prosper...what may seem like shut doors and setbacks to us is but part of something we could never begin to imagine the wonder of....We only have to trust. Now I need to sit down and take heed of my own advice.

pink*cherub*moon said...

No wonder I haven't seen much of you on FB lately! Sorry that the large space at the Barn didn't work out but glad that you were able to get a smaller one there and two other locations starting in June - yippie!!! Good luck and I'm looking forward to hearing all about them all! Oh, I'm going to send you a message thru FB - I have a question. Hugs, Leena

Mel's Designs 'n Harmony said...

Sooo...looking forward to visiting your 3 shops when you're up and running...the Barn is a cool place and a cool owner...I'm still working on the Antique Trail...www.greatamericanantiquetrail.com and hope to get Spring Hill in it...talk later...thanks for the sewing notions!

Julie Shelander - Entirely Apropos said...

Thanks Martha. Appreciate the encouragement. Mom and I have a good time working together...we are excited to be back in Franklin! Would love to run into you at the Franklin mall sometime!

Julie Shelander - Entirely Apropos said...

Thanks Pam. It's been a crazy couple of years....hopefully all of this will sort itself out and we will move forward to bigger and better. Appreciate you!
Julie

Julie Shelander - Entirely Apropos said...

Exactly! hahahahaa! It's been living in our storage unit and my back bedroom. It's going to be soooo nice to get it in a location, and make some money.
I hope it all works out.
Thanks for your encouragement my friend! xoxo

Julie Shelander - Entirely Apropos said...

Thank you for the wonderful encouragement.
I agree. It's been a lot of set backs in the last couple of years....hoping they are set up's for better things in the future.
I appreciate your comment and thank you for stopping by.... means so much!

Julie Shelander - Entirely Apropos said...

Thanks , Leena!
Lots of recalculating going on in my life. Hopefully all of this will sort itself out soon and I can move on. This waiting and stopping thing is exhausting. ~ I don't do well with recalculating. hahahaa!
I'll be looking for your message!
Thanks my friend!
Always appreciate you being here!
xoxoxo

Julie Shelander - Entirely Apropos said...

Thanks Melody!
The Barn is a very cool place and Darin and his Mom are wonderful peeps! Love them.
I love your website. Yes, get Spring Hill in it! It sure has grown since I moved here 20 years ago! Wow!!!

Thanks for your support, Melody! I appreciate. Very much.
xoxoxo

My Life Under the Bus said...

Wowmthree boths is impressive I can keep track of one of anything!!! I am wishing you massive luck in all your ventures! XOXO ( ...and I wish I was closer!)

My Life Under the Bus said...

OMG sorry for the typos - typing with the dog on my lap!

Julie Shelander - Entirely Apropos said...

Hahahahaa, I like the typos ...they keep me on my toes!
Thanks for the well wishes, Patty! I hope we do what I am hoping we will do.
Here we go....onward ho!
xoxoxo