Sunday, March 11, 2012

A Special Birthday, for a Special Mom


I was creating my updated list of to-do’s a couple of weeks ago when I suddenly realized that a “certain someone’s “  birthday was coming up in the month of March.

My first thought was “ hummmmm wonder what we could do to celebrate her birthday this year? ”
My second thought was “ Ohhhhh my goodness, what am I thinking?” ........she is coming up on a special number....a breakfast at Cracker Barrel and hitting some thrift stores isn't gonna do it this year!

I did some pondering and came up with a  birthday party - open house style.
My Mom loves a party and she loves to socialize,  I knew she would love the idea!

As with every other task in my life, I have to take one thing at a time these days. ( The art of multitasking seems to be fading for me.... sad but true )

The first thing I wanted to do is get the invitations ordered and out in the mail, pronto!
I had an idea for an invite....and I was pretty excited about it.

We picked out her wardrobe and  picked up a small cake at Kroger .
I chose the Waverly pattern of the cabbage rose for the backdrop.....and away we went..... Click - Click - Click. .....my camera was on fire! ( no,  I didn’t drop it on the candle.... hahahahaa! )

Before I knew it , we had several photos to choose from!



I couldn’t decide which one to use for her invitation, so thought it best if  I let her pick.


I think she made a good choice..


My friend , Jody ( many of you  know as the creative artist at  Scraptherapy ) took some time off of her busy schedule to help me shop for decor and paper products for the party....I love what we came up with! 
( Thanks for the help, Jody)

I'm happy to report, we've got the invites ordered / sent out, and paper products have been purchased !
Three things I can cross off the list..



I’m excited to celebrate this milestone with my Mom, and our amazing friends!

We both can’t believe she is turning 75...doesn’t seem possible.


As always, I thank you  for stopping by ....
I appreciate you being here!
Onward ho!
xoxoxoxo
Julie

* If you would like  to leave a comment,  no more jumping through hoops.
I’ve disabled the word verification. Wish I had done that right from the start. Oh well, better late than never....


20 comments:

jodylynn said...

oh shes so pretty..lets print them all and hang with the banner!

Anita said...

Wonderful Idea! I just wish my Mom was still around to celebrate with. She would have been 74 this year. We lost her in 2005. But Hey, Party ON...Hugs

Pam said...

WoW! What a grand plan! You are very fortunate to still have your Mother with you. Enjoy enjoy enjoy!

P.j. said...

Your photos belong in a magazine, & your mom could be a model!

curdsNway said...

Your Mom looks amazing! (she always has) As I looked at all the photos you have of her (Great job by the way) I realized that the beauty of her personality is totally captured in the photos. She is an amazing woman that I am honored to call friend.

Julie Shelander - Entirely Apropos said...

Great idea, Jody!

Julie Shelander - Entirely Apropos said...

Oh, Anita. I am so sorry....
I am very grateful I have her in my life to celebrate with.
Thank you for your kind words and Birthday wishes.
xoxoxo

Julie Shelander - Entirely Apropos said...

Thanks, Pam. I know...I don't take it for granted. I am very blessed to have her in my life. She is an amazing person.
Thanks for the Birthday wishes....I hope it turns out great. The party is on the 24th.

Julie Shelander - Entirely Apropos said...

Awwwwwww, thanks P.j! Wow.... What an amazing compliment!

I read your comment to Mom and she said " Oh Myyyy " ....." P.j. is so kind, but I don't think so".

I'm always telling her how pretty she is.....she doesn't believe me either! LOL.

Julie Shelander - Entirely Apropos said...

Peg, you are making me cry!

Thank you for your thoughtful, encouraging comment.

I agree, she is an amazing woman. I am so blessed to call her Mom.
xoxoxox

lin said...

Who is the glamour girl -- why it is our Barb!!!! Not only glamourous on the outside, but beautiful inside in spirit and mind. That's our Lady Barb and I am blessed to have her in my life.

Anonymous said...

You are all far too complimentary--but I am enjoying it!!! Julie is a great blogger. It's good to express your feelings about life, and she does it well.
Thank you everyone for the Birthday wishes.

Julie Shelander - Entirely Apropos said...

Awwwwww, I couldn't say it any better, Lin!
We are blessed to have you in our lives!
xoxoxoxo

Julie Shelander - Entirely Apropos said...

Happy almost Birthday, Mom!
Looking forward to the party!
xoxoxoxoxox

Anonymous said...

Isn't it nice to know that at 75, having your MaMa's genes, You will look this good? She is beautiful.

Me, Mary from the branchonthebeadtree

Julie Shelander - Entirely Apropos said...

Mary, I hope I have those genes !! Thank you , my friend!
xoxoxo
Julie

Cindy said...

You are awesome!!

Julie Shelander - Entirely Apropos said...

YOU are awesome my dear friend!
Thank you for all your encouragement today....means so much to me.
You are THE BEST!
So blessed to have you in my life.
xoxoxoxo

pink*cherub*moon said...

Your mom picked out my favorite pic too! They are all beautiful! She looks like such a warm, loving person, as I am sure she is! The party will be so much fun! I always enjoy hearing what you and your mom are up to. I miss my mom so much but your stories make my heart happy! Wishing your mom a beautiful, fun and loving day! Hugs, Leena

Julie Shelander - Entirely Apropos said...

Awwwwww, I'll bet your miss your Mom, Leena! I am so grateful to have her in my life. I don't go a day without recognizing the significance of that and having her with me. It's a gift!

She is a loving, fun and happy person. I've never met anyone that has such a kicked back disposition, as she. Wish I had more of that in me.

I'm looking forward to the party...it's gonna be fun!

Hugs to you, Julie