Saturday, February 25, 2012

Beautiful Weather to go Pickin' in the Shed

Thursday we were having amazing weather....
it reached  over 75 degrees 
here in the Nashville area. 
I decided that since we were getting low on merchandise and the weather was so nice , I'd  do some "pickin" in our shed.

We had stored some things that we planned on using for a spring display, and we had some things that we no longer are using . 
By the time I was done, I had found some fun pieces to add to the vignette in the booth. 


Part of the pile consisted of these metal boxes , one shown standing oblong in the photo.
No idea what they were originally used for... they have dividers in them. I thought if nothing else, they would be cute as flower boxes.
I also came across a rusty tray with a floral pattern and an oblong wooden box .



I love old galvanized watering cans. I'm always on the look out for them.
I cleaned this one up and noticed at the bottom it is stamped "Patent Dec. 3, 1912 ". 
It's got a lot of bumps and bruises...but I think it adds charm to the piece. 


Here is the new vignette we created yesterday. 

The windows above were original to the home we live in. We replaced these windows when we were remodeling from the flood. 


I displayed those metal boxes to the right of the hutch that Mom painted this week.
( To see the post regarding the transformation of the hutch, you can read it here : The Transformation of the Hot Pink Hutch )


Mom picked up 2 small windows at a tag sale this past fall. 
I love the size. One side is white the other is black.

The metal shelf brackets were originally used on an arbor we had in our yard at some point. 

Today I'm working on pricing more trim . Someone from the local theater purchased several pieces yesterday. They are using it for costumes for an upcoming play. How fun is that! 

Thanks for stopping  by to read my latest post.
I hope you are enjoying your day. 
Happy Treasure Hunting! 
xooxox
Julie 








16 comments:

Sweet Melanie said...

I think you two have done a great job! Wishin' I had those shelf brackets...they're gorgeous! So glad you posted on your fan page for me so that I could find your blog. So now I am your newest follower!

Julie Shelander - Entirely Apropos said...

Thanks Melanie! I'm thrilled to have you here!! Yay!
I jumped on over to your blog and started to drool! hahahaa! OH my GOODNESS! You have amazing taste! I am now following you as well.
I will keep you in my prayers for your upcoming surgery.
I see we both have a fabulous Mom. We are blessed!
xoxoxox
Julie

P.j. said...

Jules--I think I need the brackets for one of our bathrooms. How much?

Julie Shelander - Entirely Apropos said...

Pam, they are $30. for the set.
xoxoxox

Julie Shelander - Entirely Apropos said...

Not sure what the shipping would be as I don't have them here.

Sweet Melanie said...

Aww...thanks so much! I really appreciate that! Yes, we are so blessed to have our Mama's!

P.j. said...

I'm still interested. Do you know the measurements?

Julie Shelander - Entirely Apropos said...

xoxoxoxox Amen.

Julie Shelander - Entirely Apropos said...

I don't know the measurements.
Will see if I can get over there today or tomorrow and let you know. I'll be in touch!
Thanks my friend.
xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

You're an excellent "picker" Julie. I love the new display. It completely changed the look of that booth!!

Julie Shelander - Entirely Apropos said...

Thanks Mom. I get my pickin' ability from you. Learned it all by watching you dig, and dig some more. LOL
xoxoxoxo

P.j. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
P.j. said...

Please don't make a special trip just to measure them! You can let me know later. :-)

BARBARA said...

Good picken my friend ! one day i'll get out to see all your lovelies in person cant wait !! Have a wonderful week :)

Julie Shelander - Entirely Apropos said...

I can't wait!!!!!
You have a wonderful week as well, my friend!
xoxoxoxox

Julie Shelander - Entirely Apropos said...

Hi Pam, I sent you an email this morning. I'll be in touch! xoxoxox