Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Transformation !

When we first moved into booth 11 at the  Harpeth Antique Mall ( Franklin, Tn )  , back in March of 2010, this rack was one of our first pieces we used  for display.


It’s made of wood, the shelves are made of raw  plywood ( nice and sturdy , but not so pleasing to the eye ) 

We had full intentions of covering the shelves, shortly after we got settled.

  ....and then we had a life changing , upside down event experience. 


...the lower  level of our home flooded during the historic Nashville Flood, in May of 2010.



There is a lot that happened between the previous statement and this post, but I’ll save it for another time.

I am hopeful,  as I  feel like we are  starting to pick up the pieces of where we left off, right before we flooded. We are tackling a few of the projects that were on “that” to do list  from April 30th 2010.

Upgrading  this rack was one of the goals we reached this week !  

Mom brought her trusty staple gun , staples and patience. 


I stayed out of her way, as much as possible. (wink)




We found a beautiful piece of upholstery  fabric that we acquired at a tag sale a few months ago.
It was just enough to cover 4 shelves!


By the time Mom was done, I was swooning.


I thought it turned out great.
It brings  the ambience of the booth up several notches.



No more slivers from the raw plywood...and I’ll bet everything that is displayed on this piece will be admired  with perhaps a bit more respect. 

Thanks my friends! 
I appreciate you stopping by to read my latest post.
Happy Treasure Hunting! 
xoxoxox
Julie 






17 comments:

SoulsFireDesigns said...

Oooh, that looks fantastic! You ladies are so darn creative!!

Toni said...

Everyone should see this in person! Magnificent....Love this booth!

Julie Shelander - Entirely Apropos said...

Awwww, thanks Jennifer and Toni! Your encouragement is appreciated. So kind of you guys!

Toni, your booth at Harpeth Antique Mall is so amazing....you keep us inspired!

Jo Farmer said...

Creativity and a little elbow grease = a great job... looking good Julie!

Bestest
Jo x
Eliza Interiors & Design

P.j. said...

It looks beautiful! Wish I could come down to shop someday soon!

BARBAARA said...

looks beautiful julie!! one day i will come down in person to see and give ya big ole hug :) xxoo

Julie Shelander - Entirely Apropos said...

Jo, thank you so much! So true. It's so much fun to see something go from below average to above average! A little elbow grease goes a long way. :)

Pam, I hope you can come down here some day! I would LOVE that! Thanks for taking the time to read the latest post. You are the best!

Barbara, I soooo look forward to that! Thank you my dear friend! xoxoxox

scott.sue5 said...

Its turned out beautiful... but i like it in the origional state as well :)
now if i was there i would have to add some "bling" to it as well :)
your mum takes a beautiful photo :)

Julie Shelander - Entirely Apropos said...

Thank you dear! I'm surprised Mom didn't think about some bling.....she is the blingy girl in the family! Hahaa!

Thank you for the compliment regarding her photos...I think she is beautiful too! She will appreciate your sweet comment. oxoxoxox

Shabby Jen said...

Julie, you and your mom did a great job! So cleaver!!! And I bet you are right, bet all the stuff on it sells fast now!! Take care, happy selling! Keep on selling!!!

Julie Shelander - Entirely Apropos said...

Thank you Shabby Jen! I think she did a fantastic job. Mom has been up-cycling before we were born! LOL.

I appreciate you stopping by, and your well wishes.
You are pretty darn clever, yourself!
xoxoxox

Theresa said...

It looks wonderful, what a great team you two are! t.coco

Julie Shelander - Entirely Apropos said...

Thanks ,Theresa!
I'm blessed to have my Mom...no doubt. She is my best friend. LOVE her! :)

She is responsible for my love of junkin', art and creativity!

Thanks for stopping by...
Appreciated.
xoxoxoxox

JLYNNJEWELS said...

Loved this post...i can picture Barb/Vanna doing her sweep of the hands to do the official reveal! What fun....i love seeing how you work your magic together...and a big woohoo on getting a long ago to-do...to done! Love you both!

Julie Shelander - Entirely Apropos said...

Thanks JLynn Jewels!
I think Vanna did a fabulous job.
We do make a pretty good team, i must say! :)
Yes!, You've got that right... we are so happy to cross off another "to do" on an old list!
Love you,too!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Tell Mom she is fabulous!!! I did the same thing when I first opened my booth just used what I had to get it going, I cringe when I look at the pictures. I am surprised you left your booth open with the house flood, Yikes, I kind of understand, we had a tornadoes severely damage our home many years ago, I don't know which was worse dealing with the insurance company or the tornado! Glad your life is back on track!

Carol

Julie Shelander - Entirely Apropos said...

Carol, you are soooo kind to stop by and say hello. Thank You.
It's been an adventure, I think keeping the booth up and running was therapy for us! LOL :) ...and it still is! haha!
I have to say, when I get a notice that you have posted something new on your blog...I can't wait to see what you have created or up-cycled ...you inspire me, Carol!
xoxoxoxox