Monday, January 2, 2012

2012 - A Banner Year


Happy New Year!
It’s been awhile since I’ve  felt  like I could  take a few moments and post something on the blog.
I’ve been busy juggling  more things than I could possibly juggle , dropping more than I care to think about.
I've had 2 years in a row that have been quite challenging for me.

When 2012 was approaching, I wasn’t sure I could go into it with all the hope and excitement that I had when 2010 and 2011 were at my doorstep...because, as much as I proclaimed that those years were gonna be my best ones yet, they were filled with challenges that , for me, were above and beyond what I ever imagined  I could walk through, back to back.

I know that in all my trials , I have grown. I may have fought it and may have had a few ( okay, several! ) melt downs along the way, but I’ve grown.

My personality is one of having her ducks in a row, as much as humanly possible . Not perfect, not everything in it’s place, but just your average ducks in a row personality.

For those of you that don’t know, one of my occupations  consist of merchandising and creating vignettes. I am a visual person and I love creating and living in an atmosphere that is soothing and filled with decor that bring me joy.

This season of my life has been everything but ducks in a row. The last 18 months I’ve  lived in a home that looks like a storage unit.. My gardens that I took so much time to grow and nurture , look neglected and unloved.  My sweet dogs and Mr. Higgens the cat, have  had to take a back seat to what our normal routine has been....and my business has taken a significant hit.  All the little and big things in life that I took for granted have been turned upside down.

I’ll be honest. I  have some fear announcing that I’m going to have a banner year, just because of the past declarations  that I have declared ...but I’m going to do it anyway. I believe it is important and imperative  to speak out those things that we want and dream of..... speaking out those things that aren’t , as if they were. 
The power of our thoughts and words are very important , they  bring forth what we envision and speak. 

I also say that to any of you that have gone through some rough seas and wonder what is next that you are  going to have to endure. Say to yourself....”I’m gonna have a banner year” ...and say it out loud so you hear it. Lets see what happens. Lets see if we do have a banner year. ( I’d even take normal, but I’m reaching for the stars with “ banner” ! )

Wishing you the very best in 2012. 
Thanking each and everyone of you that have been so loyal to follow me on my journey. Means so much to me. 

xoxoxox
Julie 

19 comments:

SoulsFireDesigns said...

One of the highlights of my year this last year has been your friendship, Julie, I know that my new year will be so much the better for having you in it :) I am praying that both of us have a banner year :) We can do it!

JLYNNJEWELS said...

Awww Jules - I know what you've walked...and you are such a BRAVE GIRL to say what you said and go forward...moving in that positive direction - LOVE YOU and can't wait to see all you will accomplish with that type of attitude - let's hope it's catch ;) - BANNER YEAR - yeah girl!!!

Debbie refreshrestyle said...

Happy 2012! Hope it's a great year!
Debbie

Mel's Designs 'n Harmony said...

After seeing your sweet booths, I know you'll have a banner year...keep up the good work and treasure hunting....if you're ever interested in putting handmade items in your store...talk to me...some of the things are on FB under Mel's Designs 'n Harmony page...good hunting!

curdsNway said...

Jules, I know going through what you have over the past few years & why you may feel like it was not "Banner Years" for you but though it was hard, you have helped many others on their journey. You have used your forum to inspire those you are in contact with & you always have a kind word for us. Most importantly you continually put your trust in the Lord. That is all he is asking of us, to trust Him no matter how rough the road looks. Keep up the good work! I am so pleased to call you my friend and sister. Remember, God has Big plans for you! (AKA: A BANNER YEAR!)

"I have been driven to my knees many times by the overwhelming conviction that I had no where else to go"
ABRAHAM LINCOLN

Julie Shelander said...

Thank you my friends. I've been sooooo touched regarding your kind thoughtful posts.
I appreciate your encouragement, more than words can express.
I'm so grateful to have such amazing people in my life.
Thank you for being here and supporting me on my journey... wouldn't be the same without you...not at all.
To all of you, Happy Blessed Banner Year !

Martha at Authentica said...

I'm with you Julie!!
I AM GOING TO HAVE A BANNER YEAR!!!
There! I said it!
I pray that this year will be nothing less than spectacular for you!
Lots of hugs,
Martha

Julie Shelander said...

Yay, Martha!!!!
I pray this will be an amazing year for you too. Thank you for your incredible friendship...I'm so grateful our paths have crossed....can't imagine life without you!
Hugs and Love to you, Martha!

lin said...

Julie -- You are a most amazing woman - always have your 'big girl panties' on when you certainly didn't want to! I witnessed a strength in you not many have in the many challenges you encountered. You did it with grace and positive attitude and unselfishly. I have been blessed that you have shared many good and sad times with me. You are an inspiration in more ways than you know -- you are indeed a steel magnolia! I hope we all have a fantastic 2012 with many unexpected and unplanned happy surprises! xoxo - lin

Lynn Payne Hanely said...

You go girl! :)

Sister Patty said...

Julie, I feel like I'm coming in halfway through the movie and don't know how it all began. Isn't it funny how many of us seem to have really gone through something over the past few years... and we are so ready to announce that 2012 will be our banner year. I've been working on things lately and once I get just a couple more things in place, I'll be right there next to you! Wonderful blog... thank you!

Julie Shelander said...

Lin G., Dear friend....you are the best of the best.
Don't know how I would have gotten through my 2011 trial without you! I'm so grateful for your friendship,and your amazing heart / help. You have angel wings, you do! I've seen them, many times! What a blessing you are to us!
I thank God for you. You've been there for so many SOS's...can't thank you enough.
YES, here's to a fantastic 2012 with many unexpected and unplanned happy surprises! xoxoxox

BARBAARA said...

This will be a banner year for you my friend you mean more to me than you will ever know. You my friend are the best of the best you will be great and creative in all you do. you are a great friend and all my Love and wishes to you for all the best in 2012 <3 <3

P.j. said...

Julie, I am so glad to have found you as a new friend through Facebook! From my own perspective, I'd never guess you DIDN'T have a banner year in 2011. But whatever, that's behind you now so just focus on good days ahead. As I was cleaning out a box of papers today (NY resolution!) I realized how many things in my own life have changed in the last 6 yrs. (based on the box's contents). Had I not gone through those times, I wouldn't be where I am now. (OK, I'm knee-deep in a BIG project, but I needed something to focus on now that my kids are grown.) Someday you'll look back on the dark days as just a bump in the road to success. Onward & upward! Hugs~~Pam

Julie Shelander said...

My dear sweet friends...Lynn P., Sister Patty, Barbara and P.J.
How did I get such great friends? I'm sooooo blessed.
The wisdom, love and encouragement you have sent to me , means so much.
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!

Thank you for sharing your heart, thank you for being there and for just loving on me.
I'm blessed. You guys rock my world.
I trust that you all will have an amazing banner year.... that everything you are going through will work itself out above and beyond.
Blessings and Love to each of you.

Thank you for being in my life, you bring me more joy than you'll ever know!


xoxoxox, Julie

Anonymous said...

As you uncover the dust forgotten box behind the old broken down chest, I wait to see what eye candy I will enjoy. From the discarded and left unguarded I fill my sugar tooth of what I wish was mine and what could possibly clutter my space. As you display I can truly enjoy and I can only fill in my heart with 'satisfied'. I wish better times and a banner year this one and all others to come. As I follow, I hope to support and not smother. I will lay down the love and hope you pick it up. My friend, have a wonder full time hunting, dragging, cleaning and re-dealing while I will have my fun stealing and revealing as I share in your bounty!
Me, Mary from the branchonthebeadtree

Pam said...

Wonderful post Julie! I say we all pull together and continue to support and encourage each other-and we will all have a Banner Year!

Much love to you!

Banners Portland said...

You have an amazing blog. Here's to your best year ever, 2012!

Julie Shelander said...

Thank you so much for your encouragement, everyone! I appreciate your kind words and positive outlook!
Yes and Yes,Pam! :)

xoxox,
Julie