Wednesday, November 24, 2010

It will take time to Count My Blessings!

As I enter into this season of Thanksgiving , it won't take much for me to be reminded of all the blessings I’ve experienced this past year. I get choked up and overwhelmed with gratefulness and appreciation when I look back at where we have been.

The lower level of our home flooded in May.
I knew this was going to be a challenge to get our home put back together, but I had no idea at the time what would be required, or how this would all work out.

Looking back, I’m in awe . I’ve experienced miracles, I’ve experienced what it feels like to have family members and friends rally around you.
We experienced the gift of unconditional giving when a group of over 20 strangers came to our rescue to tear out the damaged flooring and walls. It would have cost us over half of our FEMA fund in order to have that done, had we hired someone.

It’s been an amazing journey...no I wouldn’t have chosen to go through it, had I had a choice. However, I would have missed out on experiencing all these blessings , love and compassion from so many!

Yes things are still out of order ( I struggle with that, as I do better in an environment that has order ) and yes I have been, and continue to be overwhelmed at times...but we have a home.

Our home is in better condition than it was prior to the flood. We have a new updated look downstairs and Mom has a whole new bedroom and scrapbooking room that she adores.
We have a drainage system around the lower level.
Other issues that would have never been exposed if it weren't for the flood, are now taken care of.

It won’t take much for me on Thanksgiving to find the things I’m thankful for, it will take me time to count them all!

Many Blessings to you and your family.
Happy Thanksgiving!
Julie

2 comments:

That's So Shabby said...

I'm so glad you were able to get your basement repaired. It looks beautiful!!!
I love the ceiling medallion you got at a tag sale for the chandelier you hung. It all looks beautiful!!

Julie Shelander said...

Thanks, That's So Shabby! I appreciate your encouragement!