Thursday, October 7, 2010

What Started this Shabby - Vintage Bedroom Decor Adventure!
























I can’t believe it’s been almost a month since I’ve posted something . Time has gotten away from me! Yikes!!! ( I think many of you can relate!)
I’m juggling a little too much for my comfort zone, dropping a few balls along the way...regardless, moving forward !

We ( Mom and I ) continue the process of restoring our 5 rooms that flooded in May, during the Historic Nashville Flood.

We’ve been busy shopping ( garage sales ) to replace Mom's bedroom furniture, creating a room that reflects a shabby vintage style.


As mentioned in earlier posts, I am in process of taking you through our experience of changing out a room, on a budget - via garage sales / thrift store finds.

Honestly, we are a little shocked how quickly we were able to complete this project. Just a few more decorations are needed.

I’m excited to show you what we’ve done on a budget , and hopefully inspire you !

What started the thought to change out her room to this style of shabby - vintage, is this beautiful bedspread we purchased at a tag sale ( garage sale ).

This quilted bedspread is filled with roses in pink / cranberry colors, creamy white background. We paid $15. for the quilt and 2 pillow shams - in like new condition!

A couple weeks later, we came across the bed skirt. Purchased at a tag sale, in new-original packaging, $5.

The black pillow, with embroidery , was purchased at our local Harpeth Antique Mall for $5. - in like new condition! ( we have more black accents in the room, which I will show you later! )

The iron headboard was purchased at a furniture sale at our local thrift store - $20.
(The bed frame was included in the price of the headboard)

Total cost for this new look : $ 45.

I’m excited to show you the remaining pieces of furniture and decor we found , you’ll be amazed at the prices!

Thanks for taking the time to join me on this journey!
Stay tuned for more.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! It is so cozy and warm and I have been blessed to see it in real life! :) Jodylynn

Julie Shelander said...

Thanks for your help, Jody! We soooo appreciated your time to help us get the walls painted , and all your creative ideas!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your "Shabby" ideas Jody!!!LOL I love this new look, and so does Mr. Higgens, the cat !!! He spends a lot of time on the table that's in front of the window, and likes the new bedding. I love this vintage look. Just got an old chandelier re-wired that will be "stunning" in there.