Wednesday, October 13, 2010

It's all about the details!



Every weekend of tag sale shopping ( garage /yard sales ) , we have been able to move forward in our quest to give this room, a shabby vintage make over! ( please see prior posts regarding our progress in putting our home back together after it flooded in May, 2010)

Whether it be a needed piece of furniture, or decorative pieces ...it’s all coming together quickly. I need to emphasize ...it’s come together much faster than what we anticipated!
Don’t be discouraged if you are trying to do the same type of project and your hunt hasn’t gone quite as easy. I can’t explain this phenomenon of how fast this has come together! Ha!

Not only have we found some unique pieces at tag sales, but we also have found some great finds at the antique mall! (Harpeth Antique Mall - Franklin, TN.)

These adorable glass spheres were tucked inside a case that was surrounded by vintage jewelry. All three were $6.- total ! We didn’t really think about what their original purpose was when we purchased them. After studying them more closely , we decided they were probably finials for a drapery rod. Just another fun example of re-purposing something!

We also came upon this adorable foot stool for $10. It makes me smile every time I look at it!

I've got much more to show you ...stay tuned!

If you would like to make a comment and you are not signed in with Google or any of the other options, please click the drop down button ( under post a comment box and next to "comment as" ) . Click anonymous to leave a comment. Thanks!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love "The Hunt". It is almost as much fun as seeing the items come to life in this awesome bedroom. I feel like a princess in this new "girlie" atmosphere. The vintage candlabra has been rewired and will be the next "Shabby" accent when Larry hangs it from the ceiling fixture. Such a fun and reasonable way to decorate.
Barb/Mom Shelander

JLYNNJEWELS said...

I love the glass spheres :) - to me they look like fancy door knobs LOL. And I recently saw something similar with a wire tree frame built up around the sphere - the branches were wire shaped swirls and held pictures. I wish I could hire your to "find" things for me <3
~JLynn

Julie Shelander said...

Sounds really neat, JLynn Jewels!
Ooohhhhh, I would love that job!!!! :)